Rizwan Qazi, M.D.
Specialty: Interventional Nephrologist
Primary Location: Kidney Specialists Surgical Center
Languages Spoken: English, Urdu
- Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine & Nephrology, Division of Nephrology, Saint Louis University Medical Center, Saint Louis, MO (2007-1010)
- Nephrology Fellowship, Saint Louis University Medical Center, Saint Louis, MO
- Resident Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University Medical Center, Saint Louis, MO
- M.B., B.S., King Edward Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan
A loved one’s suffering can be a very powerful motivator. In the case of Dr. Rizwan Qazi, seeing his own father suffer through kidney disease and dialysis treatment inspired him to pursue a career in nephrology and work to get care to patients early in their kidney disease.
Born in Islamabad, Pakistan, Dr. Qazi earned his medical degree at King Edward Medical College in Lahore, Pakistan. He moved to the United States to continue his medical education at Saint Louis University Medical Center (SLU) in Saint Louis, Missouri. After completing his internal medicine residency and nephrology fellowship, Dr. Qazi accepted a faculty position in the Division of Nephrology at SLU and was actively involved in training and teaching of medical students, residents and renal fellows.
With a background in medical education, a broad knowledge of general, interventional and transplant nephrology, and a strong belief in physician accessibility, Dr. Qazi is a great resource both for his patients and their referring physicians. In his practice, he works to incorporate his patient’s input into their treatment plan and fully engage them with their care.
In addition to being Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Qazi is an Interventional Nephrologist certified by the American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology.
Dr. Qazi joined KSOSN and moved to Las Vegas in 2010. The married father of two sons is an avid cricket player and was delighted to find a competitive cricket league in Las Vegas.
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology
- National Kidney Foundation
- Renal Physician Association