Marc Leiserowitz, M.D.
Primary Location: Southern Hills Office
Languages spoken: English
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Certified Internal Medicine 1989
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Certified Nephrology 1990, 2000
- Nephrology & Hypertension Fellowship, University of California, Los Angeles
- Internal Medicine Residency, University of Nevada School of Medicine, University Medical Center, Las Vegas, NV
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Choosing a demanding specialty where the vast majority of your patients have a chronic, incurable disease may seem an odd choice for a bright young medical student. However, Dr. Marc Leiserowitz understood early on that the rewards of nephrology were in teaching his patients to live with and understand their life-changing disease.
Originally from Cape Town, South Africa, Dr. Leiserowitz began his medical training at the University of Cape Town. He came to the United Sates and completed his internal medicine residency at the University of Nevada School of Medicine and his fellowship training in Nephrology and Hypertension at UCLA. While at UCLA, Dr. Leiserowitz spent a year conducting clinical research in nutrition and metabolism and published several studies with the renowned nephrologist Dr. Joel Kopple.
It was during his internal medicine residency at the University of Nevada School of Medicine that Dr. Leiserowitz first met some of KSOSN’s founding physicians who were teaching the nephrology rotation. Greatly impressed with the experience, skill and professionalism of the group, Dr. Leiserowitz joined KSOSN in 1990.
Dr. Leiserowitz’s faculty appointments include the University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas and Touro University in Henderson, Nevada. He is married with three children. To relax and unwind from the demands of treating kidney disease, he enjoys off-roading in the desert with his family.
- Renal Physicians Association
- American Society of Nephrology
- National Kidney Foundation